The JAMB recommended textbooks for Literature in English is very essential to read as a JAMBITE who based in Art department. However, this short article will discuss about the Literature in English texts.
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) The official list of recommended English textbooks for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Literature-in-English Recommended Textbooks for JAMB
All applicants wishing to take the JAMB Unified Tertiary Exam, UTME for English Literature are required to purchase the textbooks listed below:
The books listed below are the recommended texts for the JAMB UTME exam as they contain topics that the board is likely to base exam questions on.
JAMB List of Recommended Textbooks for Literature in English (UTME)
- Gbemisola, A. (2005) Naked Soles, Ibadan: Kraft
- Hayward, J. (ed.) (1968) The Penguin Book of English Verse, London Penguin
- Johnson, R. et al (eds.) (1996) New Poetry from Africa, Ibadan: UP Plc
- Kermode, F. et al (1964) Oxford Anthology of English Literature, Vol. II, London: OUP
- Nwoga D. (ed.) (1967) West African Verse, London: Longman
- Senanu, K. E. and Vincent, T. (eds.) (1993) A Selection of African Poetry, Lagos: Longman
- Soyinka, W. (ed.) (1987) Poems of Black Africa, Ibadan: Heinemann
2. CRITICAL TEXTS
- Abrams, M. H. (1981) A Glossary of Literary Terms, (4th Edition) New York, Holt Rinehalt and Winston
- Emeaba, O. E. (1982) A Dictionary of Literature, Aba: Inteks Press
- Murphy, M. J. (1972) Understanding Unseen, An Introduction to English Poetry and English Novel for Overseas Students, George Allen and Unwin Ltd.